Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The flights back

I don't like flying with United. They just aren't very good. Our flight was quite packed from NY to SF. Full up. We didn't even get seats together! I was on the aisle seat next to an old couple. I attempted to read the book I got assigned to read for Social Studies.... but after 20 pages, I just couldn't do it. I dozed off for 45 minutes. Otherwise, I did some math and science work and ate a lot of sunflower seeds. This time at least, they came around with drinks (last time you had to ask otherwise you wouldn't get anything on the flight).
Next was the flight to Auckland. After getting totally lost in the San Francisco airport (that things is huge), we got to our gate. Hooray. This time we managed to get seats together. It was a flight in a plane, yup. We were on a Boeing 777 instead of the 747 like last time. The 747 has 4 engines (I think) and a second story, while the 777 has 2 engines and one story. We got great seats. We were situated at the front of the Economy section, so instead of having seats in front of us, there was a wall. It seemed like we had more leg space. It was pretty good, aside from being quite cold. When we started to leave, the curtains to the other classes were closed and a panel closed the small gap in between a wall. There was also some funky light that my sister said looked like "no karaoke". Wacky.
We got to Auckland and to typical NZ weather. Wind and rain. We had to declare all our food to customs. We all had sunflower seeds (roasted) and various other foods. Then we spent ages at the domestic transfer queue... fun fun. We took the free inter-terminal shuttle and then later boarded our respective flight.
Then we came home the end.

I am now feeling tired and ground keeps moving aaaaahhhhh make it stop!!

No comments:

Post a Comment