Sunday, September 23, 2012

Since we had already done enough shopping, Dad and I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art on Friday.










There was so much stuff there. All the Greek pots reminded me of the people who take Classics and would be able to appreciate them far more than I. They even had part of an ancient Egyptian tomb. No idea how they managed to do that.

We braved the subway again to go see the Freedom Tower. When we visited the US last time, they hadn't started it. There were lots of memorial things in the surrounding area.

Shiny!
Saturday was our last day in Manhattan, and all we really did was pack our stuff and then stayed with some family friends again. We stopped by Rockefeller University for a bit too.
The fancy new building
The apartment we used to live in was nearby too.
We lived on the 24th floor
I managed to fit all the stuff in my suitcase. It weighed exactly 23.0kg! I can't buy anything else I guess.

After an ordinary flight to London, we spent 3 hours trying to figure out how to get Oxford, then finally took a bus that had free wifi. Neither JFK nor Heathrow had wifi so I was quite impressed.

My jet lag is now quite severe. I took a nap and stuff but I'm still not sure how long I can last. I slipped down the stairs, mistook a pipe for a sewing machine and I still feel as though I am on a plane. Oh well.







No comments:

Post a Comment